The Story of the Corner:

Have you ever found a location in your house or apartment where the air currents collect the dust and dirt into a ball of surprising size? Upon further investigation you may find unusual things inside that ball of dust, like paper clips or socks. This blog is a little bit like that, but for my life. As little bits of dust and dirt collect on my mind I'll be cleaning things off and looking for the more valuable items (everybody needs more socks). This blog will be serving as the receptacle of whatever comes out--good or bad.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursdays

My sister, Kate, has made it a personal tradition to post consistently and predictably on Thursdays (for evidence, you can use the link to the right). However, her traditional post is focused on pictures of "pretty-boys" that she has her eye on. Needless to say (I hope), this pattern is not going to be duplicated for me, but a variation on it may be appropriated.

Routine is something that can be helpful in life. It is that routine that I hope to establish with posting on Thursdays. While I may not be able to keep thinks continuously moving forward on most weekdays, as my education is currently taking my life priority, but I hope that Thursdays can become and anchor point.

The goal is going to be to post about some of the works (fiction, literature, art, etc.) that have had a tremendous impact on my life. Some of these will be from many years ago, while others will be more contemporary. In the long run, I don't know where this will take me, but I expect I won't have a shortage of fodder for my thoughts. In the short run I intend to broach such topics as Chuck, Fullmetal Alchemist, The Thrilling Adventure Hour, Batman: The Animated Series; In the long run I expect I will be able to deal with older influences like The Brave Little Toaster, The Raven, The Tyger, Scamper The Penguin, and others.

I look forward to publishing the first installment a week from now.