The Story of the Corner:

Have you ever found a location in your house or apartment where the air currents collect the dust and dirt into a ball of surprising size? Upon further investigation you may find unusual things inside that ball of dust, like paper clips or socks. This blog is a little bit like that, but for my life. As little bits of dust and dirt collect on my mind I'll be cleaning things off and looking for the more valuable items (everybody needs more socks). This blog will be serving as the receptacle of whatever comes out--good or bad.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Star Trek: TNG

I'm a bit behind on this, so this Thursday is going to be something of a quick one.

Star Trek: The Next Generation is maybe not the biggest pop culture item that has had an impact on my life, but it's definitely worth mentioning. I like the show. It's clever. It's got good characters. Most of the stars are going to be at Salt Lake Comic Con this year. And my brother Alex was the one who originally introduced the show to me.

Alex and I used to share a room when I was like 6. He was 11 or something. I guess we must have shared the room for a long time, but my memory gets fuzzy that far back…Anyway, he was into stuff like some of the Star Treks that were happening back in the 90s (TNG, DS9, maybe a little Voyager). Thanks to him, I had some vague exposure to those shows and got a bit attached to some of the characters and episodes. (The black sludge/tar monster from season 1 is still freaky)

I've been watching the series on Netflix lately, and it is solid stuff. It makes me excited for the fact that I should be able to get a few autographs at SLCC.

Maybe I'll produce a better post on this later. I'm still getting into the blogging groove.